List of automation needed for a container held aquaponics system:
All readings, data logging, and switching ON/OFF must be available for review/control via a webpage browser, with logging.
Some ideas how it looks like are visible here:
1) This senior citizen runs aquaponics with automation... http://youtu.be/X2wWTadsBDA
2) And younger man, self-made automation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx-qK7BdZjc
For each Aquaponics System:
1. pH meter in the water
2. DO /Dissolved oxygen/ meter (in the fish tank) - low reading means something is rotting - dead fish, plant or similar.
3. Temperature - of the air and of the water
4. Time for each cycle in each Grow Bed
5. Is the water pump running - reading to the voltage and amperage of the pump
6. Speed of the water /if the water is moving, then pump is running and nothing is clogged/
7. Speed in the air /the air fans are running, and everything above said for the water pump - voltage and amperage readings for air fans/
8. Luminosity in the container - are all the lamp emitting light, or some of them are burned out...
9. Relative humidity in the air.
10. Automated feeders for the fish. There is a research /for pity, in Bulgarian/ that automated feeding makes fish growth faster, and this leads to economy in regards to the food used per a kilogram of fish (1.5 kg pellets per 1 kg of fish weight increasement)